Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Resolution problems

• Please log in to reply

Kaotix

Kaotix

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a ati radeon HD 4870 512mb (not that it matters, just thought I'd might as well include details that might help) I changed my screen resolution to something that, I have since found out, my monitor does not support. Now I realize that you all have probably seen millions of these threads, but I have not been able to find a solution yet. I have rebooted my computer a few times and it still says "input not supported" after I get to the login stage, I have booted in safe mode and changed my resolution there, but as soon as it restarts, it uses the Catalyst Control Center's resolution settings which sets it back to "input not supported". I have also attempted to do a "boot from last settings that worked" thing, but it didn't work either, it still popped up as "input not supported". I am really trying to avoid uninstalling Catalyst Control Center, which is my fallback plan if you guys can't help me out. Thanks in advance, and I'm probably going to feel very stupid for not thinking of what you are going to suggest... at least, I hope so. D; Otherwise it means the uninstalling of the Catalyst Control Center.

Advertisements

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Boot into safe mode, with networking.
(If you're already on that machine doing this in safe mode, no need to Boot again)
click start run, type msconfig in the box, click ok.
click startup

Send a snapshot with that in your next reply

Kaotix

Kaotix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
There you go! And yes, I am on safe mode on this forum :) Thank you for the quick response, unfortunately the list stretches longer than the box, but I can take another screenshot of it scrolled down if you like

Posted Image

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Yes, if you could.
Also, widen the box so I can see the entire line under command.
Resend the first one too.

What I am looking for is anything that has to do with the Catalyst Control Center, during startup.

Kaotix

Kaotix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I cannot resize the box as I am in safe mode, however, I will widen the command box as much as possible. Here you go! Thanks once again for a speedy response! :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
The only thing I can see that looks like it has to do with your ati radeon.
Uncheck CLIStart, ckick apply, close. You'll be prompted to restart.
Let it go into normal mode.
Let me know what happened.

Kaotix

Kaotix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for your help :) that fixed it. yay!

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
You welcome! :)