Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer Erecovery will not work.

• Please log in to reply

exgardon

exgardon

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Ive tryed to reformat my computer today through Erecovery but it didnt go into the acer manager thing. I pressed alt +f5 at start up nothing happened. Could you please help?

Advertisements

Quackers88

Quackers88

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Isn't it Alt & F10 for recovery? You may also be able to get to it from within windows.

exgardon

exgardon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yes It is windows. Thing is I believe ive deleted my recovery partition for acer. And Ive meant Alt &F10. Is thier a way to get the recovery partition back?

Magglass

Magglass

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Please list the steps you did, in the exact order you did them.

exgardon

exgardon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I added windows xp iso to a cd. Than I whent to the boot menu booted into the cd. And tryed to dual boot windows vista and xp. I believe when i dualbooted it. That it deleted the acer recovery partition.

Magglass

Magglass

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Hello exgardon,

I added windows xp iso to a cd

Which flavor of XP, Home, PRO?

Did you create the .iso?

exgardon

exgardon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I believe its windows xp pro. and I think it deleted my Major boot w.e

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
If you've deleted the recovery partition and don't have the recovery disks, you'll have to contact Acer for another set.

Can you get into Windows to check and see if the recovery partition still exists? If so, go to Start...Run...and type in "diskmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Let us know what's listed there.

exgardon

exgardon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
This is what I have

Posted Image

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
It looks like there's nothing on the first partiton (the one with no name) - it's listed as 100% free
I suspect that that's your recovery partition, but am a bit unsure because of the F: partition.

Can you check to see what's on the F: drive?

Normally (from what I've seen) the Acer recovery stuff will be on the first partition, followed by the C: drive for the OS, and then the D: drive for the Data. It looks like you've created a logical drive named F: that's 9.77 gB and it's a little over 1/2 full

Advertisements

exgardon

exgardon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Whats on the F: drive is a folder called windows. Its all the files for the iso I added to that partition. Program files, and Documents and settings.

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
OK, then it's most likely that the recovery partition was on the unnamed drive - and it's empty now.
As such, you're going to have to call Acer to get a copy of the system restore/recovery disks.

In order to "reset" the partitions to the factory state, the program will erase everything on the drive. Backup all of your stuff before proceeding.

exgardon

exgardon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
My parent's wont allow me to call. Is thier a way I can download thier system restore/ recovery disks from a website?

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Nope, no way to download it AFAIK. They only supply them on their recovery disks.
Maybe show your parents this thread and ask them to call for you?

exgardon

exgardon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Eh Usasma what If I used the AcerErecovery management could I restore to factory default if my computer hasnt been reformated for about a month?