Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk and press Enter

• Please log in to reply

Tigerlure

Tigerlure

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Ok before we start, I know almost nothing about how to check your hard drive, ide cables, etc. I can research that later if needed. I have a HP m7160n Desktop Media Center series, with a seagate hard drive 250 Gigs Barracuda 7.8 I believe. I think it's a Sata drive. I don't know what is causing my problem. Ive tried rearranging boot sequences, to no avail. I tried using knoppix, but it wouldn't locate my hard drive. Right now, my friend is a computer tech, and he's looking at it for free to check whether it is a hardware problem or not. Here is a link to how I got to this problem in the first place after trying to remove some viruses. Please note I do not have a windows xp disk as my computer was OEM (I think that's what you call it - preloaded) and I cannot access the windows recovery console.

http://www.geekstogo...ns-t230629.html

Thanks for your help! Anything is appreciated.

Edited by Tigerlure, 16 March 2009 - 08:42 AM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287

Tigerlure

Tigerlure

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Ok, will do when I get the hard drive back tomorrow.