Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! not a valid win32 application. Nothing works.

• Please log in to reply

gguymi

gguymi

• Pip
  • 3 posts
All of a sudden, computer reboots and since then, antivirus and firewall are not a valid win32 application. NO safe mode as well. Please help

Hey, I'm Guy. 2 weeks ago bought a new computer, since then, only problems.
everything is new except HDD's (2). HDD's and RAM are perfectly fine.

Deep summary (you don't have to read it all, lol):
After my first windows sp3 install I had that problem. some programs aren't valid win32 app, some can't install (in the middle of the installation a message pops up saying the installer can't find a file and asks me to varify I have a permission to the directory. of course I have...).
After many days and no luck, I formatted again the main HDD and used an old (legal of course) windows xp pro cd and had to update the whole sp's and updates from scratch.
Well, it did the job, everything went fine, except very few sudden reboots (with a blue screen for half a second, can't say what it said) and that mobo problem with the HD audio driver. fixed it, but the device manager keeps finding another one like there are two audio controllers..
anyway- few hours ago I suddenly noticed that windows found a new hardware (what the f**k?!) from nowhere. Said its installed and ready to use. What a bus controller I think, maybe I\O, I'm not sure can't remember. After few seconds/minutes, a blue screen, the regular style with a 000000x\somthing problem (was too short didn't notice) and the computer rebooted itself (like crashed). Since then, no programs would load at startup. zone alarm and nod32 are invalid win32 application. random "new device found" announcements, mainly about that HD audio driver (which had disappeared for few days untill now). some programs won't install (same prob as before the format).

things that are maybe related, maybe not:
first, that happened few minutes after I enabled emule to transmit emails (maybe an email virus?).
another thing, also few seconds/minutes before, I tried to install a trial version downloaded from emule to find its something really odd like aircraft testing program not for private use, I think I cancled it, it isn't installed right now...(what the h*ll was that?).
Can't remember anything else that happened.

few more things:
I noticed that on device manager, FLIC and egusomthing "hardwares" (hidden ones) are not working (those 2 are related to nod32 and zone alarm).
I tried to search for that bagle virus, didn't find it. I also scan every file before installing it. Even from CD's.
Oh and, no safe mode since then:(

Looks very much like a bad virus, but I have a feeling it really isn't. Something is messed up with my mobo maybe. I also installed latest mobo drivers after the incident btw.
First time I had that blue screen was when first trying to install windows I set the IDE in BIOS to ACHI not intentionally. back then windows and safe mode wouldn't load.

I guess I wrote some nonesense things in here. I just try to give the most info.

PLEASE HELP. thank you very very much in advance!!

Edited by gguymi, 16 March 2009 - 09:04 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

some programs aren't valid win32 app

Often caused by an infection.

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal - HiJackThis™ Logs Go Here area.

Before you post a log click on this link --> You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
this will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your Hijackthis log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

gguymi

gguymi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thank you very much, I will.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Sure thing :)