Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Creating a comlex excel formula, at least complex to me.

• Please log in to reply

Strykr

Strykr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to create an excel player level calculator for an online football game that I am involved with.

I have created some drop down tabs that allow for specific entries within a specific range.

Basically the inputs are as follows:

Current player level (1-50)
Current player experience (0-999)
Game days remaining (0-16)
Season days remaining (0-40)
Game day (odd or even)

Then for each level there are 2 sets of exp. daily experience and game experience.

So I need the calculator to take into account that a level 1 earns 100 exp per day and 479 exp per game. A level 2 earns 89 exp per day and 445 per game and so on.

So if they hit 1000 experience the calculator will pull the daily/game exp from the level 2 ranges.

Also the odd/even is set up because daily exp is given at the beginning of the day and it is possible that a player will level before a game and thus need to use information from 2 different areas.

Example (long-hand)

Level 1 w/ 905 exp already.

Daily exp +100= level 2 with 5 exp, then they play a game and receive 445 rather than 479 exp.

Anyone have any idea how I might set up a formula on excel to do this, or is it just too complicated?

Advertisements