Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with boot up

• Please log in to reply

hawg

hawg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
one of my fans on the top of the computer were going out so i unplugged it for a day and started playing my games again, i woke up the next morning and it wouldnt not go past the bios, it would goto the system check black screen and freeze, so i reset my bios and tried again, now it is stuck at the mobo logo screen and wont go past, and i also see that my power supply fans are not working, and there is no way it could have overheated b/c it is well cooled, also my computer was plugged into the wall w/o a power surge, also it did boot up 1 time and the scrren whent black and froze at the bios again...

Advertisements

ChevyManUSA

ChevyManUSA

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Power supply fans not spinning is usually a bad sign.
I would suggest testing the power supply, you can do this with a power supply tester. Or you can find an compatible power supply in another computer (friend/family) and see if you can borrow it to test.

Hope this helps.

hawg

hawg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
a bad sign that the power supply whent out? b/c it happend over night and im thinking that we ha da power surge b/c it was plugged traight into the wall, should i just go ahead and repalce th power supply?

ChevyManUSA

ChevyManUSA

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Can you borrow a friends, co-workers, family members power supply and test that?
Or even borrow a power supply tester and check it that way.