Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't find my Audio driver

• Please log in to reply

snooplove

snooplove

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I decided to post here because it is a hardware problem i think
To begin with, 1,5 weeks ago i lost a file named hal.dll and a friend of mine told me how to fix it.Everything seemed to work perfect until went to http://www.youtube.com and i couldn't hear any sound.I made a new topic in Windows XP forum and Broni told me that i have to reinstall the audio driver.I don't know if i did something wrong but I deleted SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio.But when i download any version of this and It is at the end of the installation i get an error saying that:
Installation failed!

The audio driver do not support your computer hardware.

Note:If you unistalled audio software without restarting your pc,restart it now, then start this setup again.

If anyone could help me i would appreciate.

Note:Anything you want me to post tell me and i'll do it.
Note2:Also my pc find Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus as unknown device.

Edited by snooplove, 19 March 2009 - 12:27 PM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well if you have a branded computer you SHOULD be able to get the driver from them.... if not you could try going to the manufacturer of the motherboard in your system.... you also may want to go into setup on your computer and make sure the audio is either 'on' or on 'auto'

Unfortunately it might no longer function. You could try downloading a live linux cd and see if it picks up the sound... Puppy linux is small and can be downloaded fairly quickly.

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Could you give me a specific place that i can find the live linux cd?

Also note that my OS is not Linux but Windows Xp pro sp2

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Well i managed to solve the sound problem by a topic i found in here.
But i still have the first problem that i can't hear any sound in internet.