Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen went Black...

• Please log in to reply

ers99w

ers99w

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi! I double-clicked on a link to what I thought was a Supernova video, and my screen went completely black. My cursor still moved, but there was no screen. I turned off my computer, and when it rebooted, I tried to run it in Windows Safe mode. Windows tried to start up, but then it went black again.

I tried restarting again, this time it said that something needed to be repaired (I'm sorry I didn't write this down, I was freaking out too much!!), and I did a System Restore/repair. My computer seems to work ok now, but I've been noticing that my browser windows freeze up really often. I'm worried that something was installed or something is wrong. I want to back up my laptop, but I'm afraid that I will copy anything I have over to the external hard drive I have, too.

I downloaded the SuperAntiSpyware program from this site and am running it now. I'm in New Zealand so I may post at weird times!

Can you recommend anything else?

Thank you for taking time for me, can you also provide a link so I can donate to this site?

Advertisements