Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer 32 bit hangs 64 bit doesn't

• Please log in to reply

Oldroselady

Oldroselady

• Pip
  • 6 posts
For some reason, despite Firefox being the default browser, some programs seem to want to use it. It will start and then I get an error message about it having to close. However, I noticed I had an Internet Explorer 64 bit listed under Internet Explorer (didn't say 32 bit) on Start/All Programs. If I start the 64 bit Internet Explorer and run the program that triggered it (WinAm Lyrics comes to mind), why then it works.

It seems odd to me that it is necessary to have both but if there is a reason...then perhaps I should get your help in figuring out why it isn't running in the 32 bit. On my 32 bit machine this meant I had to get rid of an add on, but I don't have any in the 64 bit version. I am afraid to go into Control Panel Internet Ops and reset as it might reset the 64 bit and it is fine. If it would only reset the 32 bit I wouldn't mind.

I have minimized the problem or maybe made it worse, we'll see, but going into Default Programs and finding every instance of Internet Explorer and changing it to Firefox.

Any advice?

Advertisements