Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unibrain 1394 help

• Please log in to reply

ReD-SpideR

ReD-SpideR

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a HP Personal Media drive (external Hard Drive that connects into the case via what looks like a USB port?) looks like a house.. maybe the old usb port shape? owell anyways..

It isnt being detected anymore, and recently i've had this messege to find a driver for, so im assuming during one of my last driver clean ups, i must of whiped out the needed drive for this.

This is the driver im looking for.
Posted Image

I cannot find it ANYWHERE! :)

im very distressed because this is my backup drive and as of late.. i cannot 'back up'.

and no, its not the ubcore drivers, they dont work, i get a msg about not having the hardware.

here are my system specs if its of any use (motherboard, system, ect.): System Info Link

Please help me resolve this.
I apologize if this is in the wrong section,

Thank you for your time.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
That is the 1394 (firewire) driver.
Normally it is part of the main system board (chipset) drivers.
Have you tried to update the driver and allowed it to search for it?
Do you have a driver CD for the computer?

ReD-SpideR

ReD-SpideR

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hey, all my drivers are uptodate, i spent the last few days doing so.
im having trouble finding my chipset drivers from the officail site because im not quiet sure what its called. you can check the link to my system info on 1st page to help me out a bit lol. but as for a cd, my computer is a HP, they only have a recovery drive, which restores the entire system. and that would be a no no for me at this moment.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You can try this driver .

http://www.soft32.co...oad_185121.html

ReD-SpideR

ReD-SpideR

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i figured it out, it was being added from a updated driver i downloaded, the hardware kept poping up because i didnt have the hardware to begin with, but my media drive is still not being detected, i have a feeling something went unplugged in my system.

for anyone with the unibrain problem, remove the ieee controller driver plus the unibrain one, and youll be set. this took forever to figure out. made me think i had a unibrain set up when i dont, this is the mistake of the driver update itself.

on a side note consider this solved, i will post again if i still cant figure out why my media drive is no longer being detected.

keep in mind, the lights go on, so theres power, perhaps something is disconnected, maybe i should post a picture? lol