Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NIC installation

• Please log in to reply

pr0n

pr0n

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
When repairing computers %99 of the files, programs etc I need are kept on a network share, making it easy so I don't have to carry around a bunch of USB flash drives. I've got quite a few older 256MB and 512MB junk flash drives but they're useless to hold anything more than a few drivers. so I got this grand idea. rather than every time I need a NIC driver getting on my main machine, looking up the motherboard manufacturer, downloading it putting it on the flash driver and going to the machine to install it. would it be possible to take all of the most popular NIC drivers, throw all the inf/sys etc. files in the same folder and tell windows to just look there for the driver. Am I asking for problems or will this maybe work?

Advertisements