Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

NIC installation

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
When repairing computers %99 of the files, programs etc I need are kept on a network share, making it easy so I don't have to carry around a bunch of USB flash drives. I've got quite a few older 256MB and 512MB junk flash drives but they're useless to hold anything more than a few drivers. so I got this grand idea. rather than every time I need a NIC driver getting on my main machine, looking up the motherboard manufacturer, downloading it putting it on the flash driver and going to the machine to install it. would it be possible to take all of the most popular NIC drivers, throw all the inf/sys etc. files in the same folder and tell windows to just look there for the driver. Am I asking for problems or will this maybe work?