Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OSD_1.4.msi

• Please log in to reply

ts1

ts1

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi,

Something called launch.exe ran on my PC, I did an AVG check and it cleaned a key logger. I don't have the details, when I got the issue I have now I deinstalled AVG in favour of avast :)

Following the AVG cleanup, on startup, I'm getting an install attempt for OSD_1.4.MSI which is throwing out an error "The feature you are trying to install is on a network resource that is unavailable", it asks for an alternative path.

I use zone alarm and it has no note of OSD in its "programs" section. WinPatrol shows OSD in the "services" section, I've disabled it there but the error still appears. The PC runs ok.

Maybe its not something nasty? I don't see anything that looks nasty in WinPatrols startup programs (but I'm not sure I'd notice anyway).

I'll be grateful for any help :)

Advertisements