Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File Sharing

• Please log in to reply

freestyle393

freestyle393

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I run bearshare for audio and video file-sharing. I want to know the truth about these programs. I am told running these programs is an open door to trojans, malware, etc. I understand that, and am willing to fight off the spyware just so I can download music and video, because I like it so much. Are there any programs that have lots of users and files, that are much safer? I am running bearshare right now, and i have heard of a bearshare lite, but i don't want to have trouble finding more rare audio files. I know also of limewire, but have not tried it. I need some insight. Thanks-- Freestyle393

Advertisements

plaz

plaz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I would recomend shereaza<-- Dunno if i spelled it right
Or limewire the thing about limewire is.. it is MUCH faster in finding searches and a bit faster in downloading bu finds alot of p o r n and is a memory hog so i like shereaza