Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp unable to connect to wireless internet, play media software

• Please log in to reply

moonrise

moonrise

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi i have damage to my system from a virus called mal_otorun1 can someone help me trend has qaurintined the virus but i can't connect to the internet. This message keeps appearing when I try any of the above application: The instructions at 0x75606eb5 referenced memory at 0x00000008. The memory could not be read. click on ok to terminate the program click on cancel to debug the program. I also get the message: 'Internal application error has occured' when I try to use nero or windows media player. My intel wireless icon will appear and tell me I have a good signal but it will disappear before the connection happens

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you been thru the malware section and made sure that you have completely cleaned your system? If not you need to go there and read the tutorial first and do the steps it says. Then start a thread there. Once you have been given a clean bill of health we can continue here.
Malware is very tricky and unless you have made sure it is cleaned by a malware tech you may just be putting a bandage on the problem

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try this...
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

click on Start... Run...type in CMD ...press enter

In the command prompt window that opens, type in the following commands

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type in..... netsh int ip reset reset.log press enter

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type in.... netsh winsock reset catalog press enter

Reboot ...