Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Page Fault in a Non-Paged Area

• Please log in to reply

bramwell40

bramwell40

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am working on an amd based computer that has this problem. Everytime it starts it blue screens to a page pault in a non paged area. I have tried all I know in order to mount the drive, but have had no success. So, I removed the drive and have used it as an external drive. It is an ide drive, so i used a converter to change it to a usb external drive. Whichever computer I install it on, I get a blue screen as soon as i attempt to mount it. My client has many pictures on this drive that they really wish to save. Any ideas on any way that I can get these pictures off the drive? the drive is an OS drive with Windows XP installed. It is from a compaq system with a c and d partition with a recovery section on the d partition. If I attempt to use the compag recovery system, I get the blue screen as soon as it attempts to load.

Thanks.

Dave

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo,
I'm sorry for the trouble you are having, I wish you good luck. Please reread the Terms Of Use that you agreed to when you became a member to this site. This is a free site designed to help people with their personal computers,
I wish you the best of luck...:)

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Cbarnard

bramwell40

bramwell40

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Oh. I am sorry. I did not understand that I was breaking the rules. I just occasionally bring a co-workers computer home from work in order to help them out. I used the term "client" cause it was quicker than explaining the whole situiation. Thank you.

Dave

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
That is Ok Bramwell,
You are forgiven, I know how it can be when you get flustered over these things. you just want to figure it out... and get it done
Good luck... We welcome any other questions as long as they are in line with the rules...

Cbarnard :)