Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DLL trouble after malware attack

• Please log in to reply

MRJM

MRJM

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I was hit with virtumonde and possibly others. After using AVG, SPYBOT, & Spysweeper, I managed to remove the problem ...except for my desktop wallpaper. An add for the virus removal program and a fake "warning" was the wall paper and I was unable to change it.

After browsing the forum, I found this post: http://www.geekstogo...und-t16988.html
which was very similar to my problem (only I never lost the tab, it was simply grey and I was unable to browse or change the wall paper). The first solution was an inactive link, I used the second download suggested, restarted my comp, and that problem is gone! (thanks!). I can now change the wall paper.

The trouble that remains: I get an error on start up. It's c:\windows\ftamobunitobabu.dll that's missing. Should I go to regedit and delete or try to retsore?!

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

MRJM

MRJM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks, I'll check out the other board. My sincere apology for posting in the wrong section. I'm new here. Keep up the great work!