Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell E1505 Inspiron boot problem

• Please log in to reply

Darren R

Darren R

• Pip
  • 2 posts
several months ago I upgraded my RAM from 1GIG to 2GIGS. I purchased the RAM from crucial.com. All went well but I began having random boot problems. The lights would flash and then it would just stay black and not boot. I read on the net to try reseating memory which worked at first. This problem has become more fequent and each time this happens I just take out memory and put it back in and then it would be fine for a while. Crucial just sent me replacements and the new ones even gave me more problems. I soon would get blue screen of death and error messages from browsers and Mcafee..basicaly my applications started crashing so I put back in the old ones and now it is hard to get it to boot at all. Sometimes if I only put one in it will boot. I know Crucial.com has a good reputation so I am wondering if this is my Dell crapping out on me. Also, I know it can't be good to keep taking RAM out and putting back in, I have done this probably over 100 times now. Any thoughts or tips? I did upgrade my BIOS to the latest version but still no luck. Thanks a lot.

Darren

PS. My Warrenty did expire

Edited by Darren R, 26 March 2009 - 04:30 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Navigate to: C:\Windows\Minidump folder.
If you see any .dmp files, zip all of them, and attach zipped file to your next reply.

Darren R

Darren R

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks. I navigated to the Minidump folder and it is empty. I allowed viewing of hidden & system files but still empty. Thanks a lot for trying to help.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You may have motherboard problem, but to check this out, you must bring the computer to the shop.