Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant Press F8 (I agree) During Windows Install

• Please log in to reply

Hstln Hny

Hstln Hny

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am very confused, and I was wondering if anybody could help me or has had this problem.

I am trying to re-install windows XP on my computer. I put the disk in and everything works fine until I have to press f8 (I agree) during the install. I can press the page up, page down, and the escape key.. BUT NOT F8!!

So I put the disk in while already running windows and did the install that way.. but I couldn't erase the previous version of windows so now I have 2 versions of XP running on my system.

I'm about to cry.. Seriouslly. I've never been this frustrated or confused in my life.

Is there anything I can do?

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit?

Some keyboards may disable normal F keys, (like MS wireless). Make sure that your F-keys are enabled and you should be ok, (cross fingers)

Hope this helps...

Hstln Hny

Hstln Hny

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I feel like an idiot. I realized that AFTER I already posted the topic that I needed to hold the F key and the F8 key in order for it to work.

*hangs head in shame*

:)