Please remember to re-immunize with SpywareBlaster & Spybot S&D.
Please note that IE-SPYAD is not an ad blocker. It will not block standard banner ads in Internet Explorer. What this Restricted sites list of known advertisers and crapware pushers will do, however, is:
Included with IE-SPYAD is an uninstaller (IE-ADS-UNINST.REG) for the *previous* version of IE-SPYAD. Look in the \OLD sub-dir of the IE-SPYAD installation directory after you unpack IE-SPYAD. IE-SPYAD also includes an uninstaller (IE-ADS-UNINST.REG) for the *current* version of IE-SPYAD in the main installation directory. You can distinguish between these uninstallers by the file dates.
- stop unwanted crapware from being installed behind your back via "drive-by-downloads";
- prevent the hijacking of your home page and other key Internet Explorer settings;
- shut down ActiveX, Java, and scripting, all of which can be employed to push obnoxious advertising on you and compromise your privacy and security;
- block cookies, which can be used to monitor and track your travels around the Internet;
- combat obnoxious script-based popups that clutter your screen and force unwanted advertising on you.
IE-SPYAD comes in two different versions: IE-SPYAD (original) and IE-SPYAD2. For complete information, version choice and tutorials go to: http://www.spywarewa...uc/resource.htm
IE-SPYAD users should consider using the newly released IE-SPYAD for ZonedOut, available below. This new version of IE-SPYAD uses the free ZonedOut security zones utility from FunkyToad to load and unload Restricted sites lists, making the management of sites in the Restricted sites zone much easier and more convenient. ZonedOut is available at: http://www.funkytoad.com/zonedout.htm
The AGNIS block lists are compatible with AtGuard 3.x and ALL versions of Norton Internet Security. There is a separate AGNIS for Outpost package for users of Agnitum Outpost.
If you're running NIS 2002 Pro or NIS 2003, you CAN use the AGNIS block lists, however, you must use the ProWAGoN block list utility written by Christian Haagensen to load, remove, and backup ad block lists from NIS. Do NOT attempt to install AGNIS block lists in NIS 2002 Pro or NIS 2003 by manually merging .REG files or using the AGNIS.BAT batch file utility included with AGNIS. Use the ProWAGoN utility instead.
Items considered non-threats or defunct are disabled by IE-Spyad.
Edited by Chachazz, 24 January 2006 - 02:06 PM.