Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

chrome, itunes and internet explorer not connecting to the internet bu

• Please log in to reply

cornpillow

cornpillow

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I downloaded up dates for all 3 programs(google chrome, IE, itunes) and not they are not working, they say that they cant connect to the internet.
itunes says, "iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. The network connection timed out.
chrome says "Error 104 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED): The attempt to connect to the server failed."
The internet is working on my computer though, im using fire fox right now and other programs can connect to it as well.
I have no idea how to fix this. I hope someone out there can help
thanks,
Matt.

Advertisements

cornpillow

cornpillow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
fire fox installed an up date today and then could into connect to then internet as well, i did a system restore to get it to work again. why would installing an up date to all these different programs do that same thing.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Corrupt update
Possible virus or malware.
Suggest you go to malware forum and read the tutorial and do the steps it suggest.
This will remove most problems. After that post a thread there and once you have been given a clean bill of health, then return here and we can continue with software issue.

cornpillow

cornpillow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok so no one really helped me out there but i did do all the scans and what not so i hoped it helped but every thing is still not working.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Malware is usually not that easy to fix. It can hide itself as a program and continue to cause problems.
If a tech did not help you and go through some deeper scans you may not be clean. I suggest you go back to malware forum and start a topic there and post all the logs that the tutorial says to.
The reason I'm saying this is the problem you are describing and the problem your topic states are different.