Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio editing software?

• Please log in to reply

ZedU54

ZedU54

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
...this is mostly a curiosity question. I've been using Audacity with a FLAC plug-in for tweaking MP3s, a few experiments with vinyl ripping, etc., and I like it well enough. Not to mention the price is right (it's freeware and open-source). But I'm just curious as to what else is out there for working with audio files because, even though you can do some nice things with Audacity, I'm sure there is other audio editing software that can run rings around it (even though you might have to pay plenty for it). So, I'm wondering: 1. What do some of the G2G folks think about Audacity, and 2. what other audio software, if any, would you recommend?...

Advertisements

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
I like AudaCity. It's small, simple, and good for basic home projects. Best of all, it's easy to use, and it's free! But as to comparing it to professional software, I have not an idea.

GeeksToGo has a list made for free software, and there's quite the section on Audio Creation\Audio Editing.. Look Here. I haven't tried any of them other than AudaCity, so I can't give any favourites.

If only there were that many free video editors, they're so hard to come by.