Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hoveyane and .dll popups

• Please log in to reply

InfoStuff

InfoStuff

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello.

My computer originally was getting popups for windows registry defender and random websites. I never downloaded them and I continually closed them out, but they kept popping up. Recently, my computer has had a pop up after start up talking about hoveyane.dll and other .dll processes that 'can't be found'. I have to run in safe mode because regular mode is increasingly slow. I've used several scanners to identify and get rid of the viruses (they all seem to find different ones), but they don't seem to go away.

Hijack this log:

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera\opera.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drwtsn32.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {175cf1d7-d26f-408c-8347-09d2777e1f9d} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\siruboma.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CPM8bb1b49c] Rundll32.exe "c:\windows\system32\raniyiyi.dll",a
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pigirijovo] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hoveyane.dll",s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISTray] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\System32\nidefafe.dll c:\windows\system32\raniyiyi.dll
O21 - SSODL: SSODL - {EC43E3FD-5C60-46a6-97D7-E0B85DBDD6C4} - c:\windows\system32\raniyiyi.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: STS - {EC43E3FD-5C60-46a6-97D7-E0B85DBDD6C4} - c:\windows\system32\raniyiyi.dll
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall 4 (KPF4) - Sunbelt Software - C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\Personal Firewall\kpf4ss.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - c:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - (no file)

Edited by InfoStuff, 29 March 2009 - 10:13 PM.

Advertisements