Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Press any key option missing while booting from CD

• Please log in to reply

Dhakav

Dhakav

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All,

I have a Windos XP bootable CD. My HDD got crashed. I have a new HDD. I need to install XP. When I try to install OS its not showing the option "Press any Key". As it show the options: Boot from CD....then Press any key to boot from CD. Its showing only Boot from CD, but not giving an option to press any key to boot from CD. Any help?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you change boot options in bios?
It should be
cd then hd
that way it will ask you to press any key to boot to cd

Dhakav

Dhakav

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Did you change boot options in bios?
It should be
cd then hd
that way it will ask you to press any key to boot to cd

I have already set the options. 1st boot media is CD...then the 2nd is HDD.

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Hello welcome to GeeksToGo, I hope I can be of some assistance to you,
I will need some more information.
Brand/model of your computer
if it is custom,
The CPU brand and model
The Motherboard brand and model
Ram amount and speed
Power supply wattage
Dvd rom interface IDE/ SATA
HDD interface and size
and video cards or other items in the PCI slots

During boot up try to hit the Esc, F11, or F12 button sometimes they are the buttons to get to the Boot menu, but only one will work, I'm not sure which one for your computer, but that may get you where you need to be. If it takes you to the Bios exit with out saving anything, as this is a dangerous place to be if you don't know what you are doing.
if that doesn't work then give me the rest of the info i need and I will assist you with the fix.
Cbarnard

I just posted the reply, but Rshaffer61 beat me to it, I have to take off for a little while Rshaffer61 will help you, He is good

Edited by cbarnard, 30 March 2009 - 09:13 AM.

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Hello,

I see that you have not replied to this post. Do you still need assistance?

If the problem has been resolved please post a reply stating this is resolved. If the problem resurfaces again please reference this thread in the new thread you start.

If you continue to need assistance please reply back with requested information asked for previously in my last post.

I like to hear how things are going for the people I'm assisting, please let me know how it is going good or bad!!!

Thank you very much and good luck

Cbarnard