Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Won't Turn On

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You would have to get it from manufacturer as I'm sure since it is a HI_grade it will be slightly different then others.
Then you will have to have some experience with working on laptops as the parts are very small and if you don't get it exactly right you could short the new mobo out.
Even worse you could cause damage to hd
I have been doing computer repairs and custom builds for 12 years and I have never worked on a laptop personally cause they are so petite and I have large hands to start.
If it were me I would leave the repair up to the manufacturer.
Question: how old is the system?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
This is to H00k.
You should have started your own post. You jumped into the one started by Allicorn. That is why rshaffer61 was confused as to what was going on.
It makes it very difficult to help someone (and is confusing for others) if a post is "stolen".

Based on the info given, I also believe it is a possible mobo. I personnally won't touch a hardware issue on a laptop (other than a drive replacement).
The one I am currently dealing with on freezing and locking and failure to start, is down to a mobo. If I hold it just right, it will start. But I will not repair it due to size of parts and difficulty to work on.

H00k

H00k

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

You would have to get it from manufacturer as I'm sure since it is a HI_grade it will be slightly different then others.
Then you will have to have some experience with working on laptops as the parts are very small and if you don't get it exactly right you could short the new mobo out.
Even worse you could cause damage to hd
I have been doing computer repairs and custom builds for 12 years and I have never worked on a laptop personally cause they are so petite and I have large hands to start.
If it were me I would leave the repair up to the manufacturer.
Question: how old is the system?

Thanks rahaffer61, thanks for the information..... are u on Instant messenger?.....

H00k

H00k

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

This is to H00k.
You should have started your own post. You jumped into the one started by Allicorn. That is why rshaffer61 was confused as to what was going on.
It makes it very difficult to help someone (and is confusing for others) if a post is "stolen".

Based on the info given, I also believe it is a possible mobo. I personnally won't touch a hardware issue on a laptop (other than a drive replacement).
The one I am currently dealing with on freezing and locking and failure to start, is down to a mobo. If I hold it just right, it will start. But I will not repair it due to size of parts and difficulty to work on.

Thanks to you too mr runner....

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No I'm not. I spend most of my time here when I'm not trying to work on the 5 systems I have here or helping my son cut yards.

H00k

H00k

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

No I'm not. I spend most of my time here when I'm not trying to work on the 5 systems I have here or helping my son cut yards.

Rshaffer i just PM you now, go check it.