Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I think I pressed something by accident

• Please log in to reply

simard

simard

• Pip
  • 4 posts
EDIT: I have discovered that I can still write fine in Microsoft Works, but the below problem afflicts me on discussion forums.
EDIT: It seems the problem is exclusive to Firefox... I never use IE so I didn`t think to check until now, but yup, it`s just Firefox.

Hi there, and thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer! :) This problem is really frustrating because I have important things I need to do asap and I am prevented from doing them.

The problem is my keyboard. I was just posting in a discussion forum and going to hit the square bracket again to quote someone. But I think I hit something at the same time as pressing that key, as I was going for the A key but instead I hit around the shift key. So I think I hit the square bracket key plus the shift key or something around there, at once. Or perhaps a combination of three keys.. or maybe this has nothing to do with it at all.. or for all I know I have a virus (although I have been scanning a lot lately and all is clean). And now here is the problem:

left square bracket gives me nothing if I press it once, and if I press it twice: ^^
right square bracket gives me nothing if I press it once, and if I press it twice: ¸¸
quotation mark: ` (ex: I don`t.. notice this is not the same as a usual quotation mark)
shift + two gives me " instead of the AT for e-mails
interrogation mark: É
exclamation mark: oh, apparently this still works! lol
right slash (I think it is right, could be left I guess, I`m not sure which is which): é
left slash: <
I don`t even know what those V brackets for HTML are called but they give me the wrong thing

all these still work: ! $ % & * ( ) - _ = + . ,

I do apologize for making such a messy post, but I am writing this in haste to hopefully get a response as soon as possible! :)

Edited by simard, 01 April 2009 - 12:05 PM.

Advertisements