Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio problems with acer aspire 7520

• Please log in to reply

samlouisec

samlouisec

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am having problems with my sound device on my acer aspire 7520 laptop. It tells me that i have no audio output device, this has been happening for a while and then it will come back after doing a system restore or downlaoding the driver again however this time it hasnt worked and i am left with no sound any ideas on how to fix this? Thanx

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Boot into your bios and then check onboard periphihals and make sure sound is enabled.
Second while you are trying that please post any new software or drivers that may have been installed prior to original problem showing up.
Third please supply what soundcard you have and what version of driver you have installed

samlouisec

samlouisec

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I really dont know what started it off as it was a few months ago now and as i managed to fix it after i didnt think the problem would happen again.

The soundcard is the onboard one which came with it and its a realtek driver v6.0.1.5523 for vista sp1 which i got of the acer support site.

I'll try the bios however as its tempremental i would have thought it wouldnt be this

samlouisec

samlouisec

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Went into the bios and there was no settings there to change apart from timr date and boot.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Then lets start with the basic drivers
Realtek Ac97 Ver 4.06

Download The Readme file first so understand everything. Then download the file right above that.This is the newest Ac97.
Install this and then try it. Post back with result

samlouisec

samlouisec

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
That driver would not install as it said unknown publisher and even when i pressed continue anyway it would refuse to move and just came up with unknown publisher again very frustrationg so am going to put it away for today and try again tomorrow!!
Thanx for your help!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
ok let me know..
When drivers won't install like this it is a possibility you may ahve a virus. If you decide to contimue then you may want to follow this

Please go to the "Malware Forum" link in my signature below and follow the instructions at the top
Especially the "You Must Read This Before Posting A HijackThis Log".

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself.
If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty start a topic and post the requested logs in THAT forum.
Once the malware technicians have cleared out any infection and given you a clean bill of health, if the problem continues then feel free to post back here and we can investigate the problem even more.

samlouisec

samlouisec

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well turned on the laptop today and it seems to have comeback again after doing another update so alls good again!
thanx again for your help!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well I'm happy to see that. I still believe you may have soem type of a virus. If the problem resurfaces please do the steps outlined in post #7. I'm not sure but the symptons are showing a infection since the driver seems to keep going on a walkabout.leave of absence.
Good luck and if you need any more assistance please post and I will help if I can.