Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron 1525 not starting up please help

• Please log in to reply

raju85

raju85

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I bought this dell inspiron 1525, 6 months ago. It was working pretty good but this morning suddenly, its screen got hung while I was reading an email. No key + hot keys etc functioned. I had to turn off the laptop by pressing the on/off button on laptop. I again pressed the button to turn laptop on but it does not startup. HD spins, fan spins, all the lights blink for once and then blank screen with num lock solid and battery indicator.

I also tried Fn+start up, then HD works, fan spins all the lights blink for once and then blank screen with num lock flashing and caps lock + scroll lock solid. I also tried running dell diagnostics, reinstalling windows etc but no it does not respond. I am only seeing a blank screen.

What the problem can be? how can it be sorted ? my laptop was connected to power supply all the time, so no battery problem.

Edited by raju85, 01 April 2009 - 03:33 PM.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
raju85,

Is this a portable or a desktop?

If it is a Portable. The Caps Lock the Number Lock and the Scroll Lock. What Lights are lit and are they flashing or solid.

If it is a Desktop. On the back or front of your system you should have light indicators. 1234 or ABCD what are lit?

raju85

raju85

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks tuxmaster for replying.

It is a laptop.

Only Num Lock is lit and is solid.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
raju85,

Lets go ahead and turn on the computer using the FN button and the power. It will run some diagnostics let me know if you get any beeps.

Jagbir Singh Lehl

Jagbir Singh Lehl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Raju,

I am facing the same problem with my Dell laptop. Were you able to figure out what is wrong with it. Would appreciate if you can share any information on the problem or the possible solution.

Thanks,
Jagbir

BeAPepperToo

BeAPepperToo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Was there a resolution to this problem? I just purchased a new Dell Inspiron 15something 2 months ago and now vista will not start up. I tried system restore and that did not work. I re-installed with discs that came with the computer and it worked for a week, now vista will not start up again. Could it be a hardware problem?

Edited by BeAPepperToo, 01 August 2009 - 05:15 PM.