Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop PC goes black on me

• Please log in to reply

Stock

Stock

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Guys, when my desktop PC boots and the Windows XP boot up screen finishes, it goes black and I see "No Signal?" HOWEVER; in safe mode I can see my desktop? Do I have a virus? Made it to device manager and there is no exclamation points???

Things that I have tried......

In safe mode I try to update "ALL" my antivirus and Spyware removal applications so that I can run them and remove whatever is ailing my PC, but none of them can update, I get a message that tells me that I have no network connection when I do?

Spyware and Antivrus I currently have installed are, SpyDoctor, SpyBot search & Destroy, Windows LiveOne, Adaware anniversary Edition....I have them all set up for manual so that there is no conflicts upon start up, but I have Windows LiveOne on as my resident Antivirus program.

I tried to do a Restore point and it does but I still can't see my desktop ...except in Safe Mode

I tried to reinstall my OS (Windows XP Professional) but when I get to the point where it says press F8 in the lisencing agreement portion to continue it's as though its disabled and nothing happens.....

man I don't know what to do anymore..........

Do I have the April Fools worm!!!!!

Thank you in advance!

Stock aka Lou

Advertisements