Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pogo games java

• Please log in to reply

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
One of my friends is always playing on pogo, but the ast couple weeks she has been getting this error.

Pogo.com games use the Java plug-in. You either do not have Java installed or you have a version that is incompatible with our games. It does not cost you anything to install Java.

Do you want to install the Java plug-in now?

If she clicks yes then it tells her that it's already installed. We went to the java web site and downloaded the latest version just to make sure. Can you help us with this? I'm at her house right now trying to work on it so if you can please respond soon.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
http://www.java.com/...help/testvm.xml
Use the link above to test if Java is working correctly.

What browser is she using? Firefox, or Internet Explorer?

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
The test shows that the latest version of Java is running and working properly. She is running IE 7. Win XP and she just cleared her cache.

Edited by Oreo Collas, 02 April 2009 - 07:17 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I see you have run the test for Java but try this to make sure. This little program will get rid of any remnants of old java so that you can have a fresh install of the newest Java.

JavaRa

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I will have her do this as soon as I get ahold of her on the phone. Will we need to reinstall java after this?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You may if it does find what you have is old versions.