Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about Seven 64-bit

• Please log in to reply

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Can a 64 bit verson play 32 bit games?
And ....if its possible...anyone know where I can get a beta copy to try out on the Comp im making as a test run.

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
I've played Left for Dead and Fear2 on my x64 Windows 7 installation with no issues.
Make sure to install in compatibility mode for "Run as Windows Vista" and "Run as Administrator"

Dunno where you can get a legal copy of the beta OS, but keys are still available at: http://www.microsoft...a-download.aspx

jeff_windows_team

jeff_windows_team

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Your best bet for getting a legit copy is by finding someone with the Windows 7 ISO image on a DVD who is willing to share with you, then just get a key from the link usasma provided. Also, you can play 32bit games on a 64bit OS, but not 64bit games on a 32bit OS.
Cheers,
Jeff
Windows Outreach Team