Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

could have contracted backdoor.generic10.AXEX

• Please log in to reply

sixclaw

sixclaw

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone,
I am writing this from my brothers labtop because mine is not working. So last night i decided to torrent crysis warhead and found a download that had 500 seeds and 1000 leechers. Also my friend had downloaded this same torrent a few weeks ago and said he ran an anti virius and everything checked out. So i decided to torrent it overnight. When I came home from school today I found that my computer would not start, well it started but it got as far as the part where you see the windows logo and under it is a loading bar(I have XP) normally my computer just zips through this page; I have a nvidia 8800 quad core 6600 and 4gbs of RAM, but it just stayed on that page. So, I decided to force quit by holding down the power button and try agian. So as expected when you normally force quit the menu came up saying an unexpected error occured and if i would like to run it in safe mode,safe mode with networking, last know settings that worked, or continue to Windows normally. I tried safe mood and a bunch of codes appeared on my screen but nothing happened they just sat there. Then when I got on this computer I went back to the torrent site and read through all the comments for that particular torrent. Recently a user reported that in a scan backdoor.generic10.AXEX popped up. I am wondering if this trojan could have done this to my computer or if something else if effecting it. I run Norton 360(I know it slows down computers and people complain about it alot but I dont think its that bad) and since I downloaded overnight and was not present at my computer I am not sure if Norton caught anything. Please any response would be apprciated because I'm really not quite sure what the problem coud be

Advertisements