Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New graphics card issue

• Please log in to reply

Darken1

Darken1

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
first off here is my build
Evga 780i FTW motherboard
Evga GTX 295 graphics card
BFG 800w powersupply
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3.16GHz
seagate barracuda 7200rpm 500 gig hard drive
patriot viper 2x2gb memory

I am still new to gaming pcs but,

The problem is that I used EVGA's step up program to go from a gtx 260 to a gtx 295 and have seen no preformance increase.
same frame rates all the highest settings in crysis, farcry2,call of duty world at war and team fortress 2.
For these tests I was running it at 1680x1050 60Hz

I called Evga and they said it might be because I am using a low def resolution so now I have it hooked up to my big screen running at 1900x1080 60Hz and no improvement.

My monitors are an Element 1080i HDTV(The screen that only displays 1650x1050)
big screen is a Philips(full 1080p television but there is a special port for dvi to hdmi on the tv)

I did some searching online and found out that cpus can bottleneck the gpu so I overclocked my cpu to 4GHz and still no improvement.

Is it that the gtx 295 needs a four core cpu, or is the gtx 260 216core really that awesome a card and the gtx295 is a waste of money.

Also any tips for getting rid of screen tearing because I get a lot of that when I play these games, happend with both the gtx260 and gtx295.

any help would be appreciated,
thanks

Advertisements