Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speaker fade problem

• Please log in to reply

hoopsman

hoopsman

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
i have a 5.1 speaker system. i had a problem that i thought would be fixed by getting a sound card, and i play games a lot, so i thought, why keep relying on onboard audio when i should get a soundcard? so i got an asus xonar dx and it works fine, but my original problem seems to still be happening. my problem is that my speakers will start out at the loudness they should be, then fade out to be quieter, and then be loud again, which as you can imagine, is maddening. i cant determine if the problem is hardware of software related, but this problem is really pissing me off. i would really appreciate some help or advice on what to do.
thanks
hoopsman

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried a different set of speakers to make sure its not the speakers?
That would be the first course of action to eliminate the hardware side of it.
Then we can move on to the software part

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
well i sorta have. my steelseries siberia headphones seem to work fine, and dont fade out at all when im playing music or whatnot.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
are you plugging to the speaker connection on the back of your system?
If so I believe trying another set of speakers regardless how cheap they are will show the problem
I'm basing this off your headset doesn't fade so I'm looking at speaker failure at this point.

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hmm. well i have a pretty nice stereo with a rca-3.5mm jack input i could use.
ill try them and report back

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok i'll be waiting for your post.
I may get some sleep as it's late here. If I don't get back with you I will reply in the morning. Don't give up as we will determine the problem. If it is software We have options.

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey man thanks for all the help. fortunately, i figured out it was the dell speakers, cause when i triend with my stereo it worked flawlessly, so that is what i am going to do for sound now through an y adapter audio cable. its gonna sound great on my infiniti speakers and my sony STR-DN15 reciever.
thanks again
peace :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help. Please let us know how everything works.. If there is anything else I can do to help please feel free to ask.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help

If a member is reading this and has a similiar problem please begin a New Topic.