Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Execute script on startup, with administrator rights

• Please log in to reply

I love my vans

I love my vans

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Hello All

We have a few machines dotted around that are connected to our network, some of which will only connect to our mail server after I have repaired the network connection. Now the users who use the machine do not have admin rights, and the ability to repair the network is out of the question.

I know I can repair it from the command line, but is there a way I can create a script, run it automatically on start-up and with admin rights to do this task for me?

We will be moving over to Ubuntu soon, but until then I have several machines that constantly need their network connections repairing, and it is causing a hassle for the users.

Many Thanks,
Ben

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
IS this for a business?
Do you have a IT department? If so they will be the ones to have fix the problem.
GeeksToGo is a free tech support but if you have a IT dept then you would need to have them look at it.

I love my vans

I love my vans

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Hi rshaffer,

Yes this is a small business, I am one of the web developers here, therefore I am the IT department (along with another colleague, who is off for the weekend). I have asked the question because I lack knowledge in this particular area, and the usual Google search hasn't returned what I wanted, plus, nothing like the advice from someone that may be in my situation.

I won't hold it against you if you decide to not answer the question.