Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Codes

• Please log in to reply

ronaldjamesr

ronaldjamesr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everyone, I'm new here, my name is James Randolph, and I live in Central Virginia. I live in a rural area, and I use a wireless pc card to serf the net. Verizon is my ISP. Lately I have a error code flashing up on my computer. It is error code 907. It is related to the verizon wireless service. I had a problem with my ev-do network and I called in a trouble to verizon and I gave them the information about the problem, and the related codes. I also told them about the 907 error code. They called me yesterday and said my service was restored and that everything is fine. But, I'm still getting this code, it is like a pop-up, it can flash up as many as eight to ten times in a few seconds. I'm wondering if my software could have some sort of virus or malware inbedded in it. Thanks to all who read this. James Randolph

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi ronaldjamesr and welcome to Geeks to go.

Are you able to get any other info from that error code?
I have searched all over Verizon including the forums and have found no reference to error code 907.

I would check with Verizon again about the error code.

I hesitate at this time to send you to our malware forum because it might not be malware.
If you wish to go there just to check (link in signature), then it wouldn't hurt. They are quite busy though.

Maybe someone else here will have better luck.

NOTE: I am not a malware expert to judge wheter this is malware or not. we have experts for that.

ronaldjamesr

ronaldjamesr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I found error code 907 information in my software..........There is an error loading resources to make the connnection to National Access-Broadband Access. This is most commonly seen when trying to open the conection directly from the Windows Start menu or Dial -up Networking rather than using the system tray icon;. It may also appear if another application has connected to the National Access- Broadband Access. Make sure no other applications are connected and try connecting using the system tray icon.......... Ok, I always use the system tray icon, and I don't know of anything else connected to the system. I can put my computer on stand-by and come back later and bring it up and the error code is the first thing I see. Some times it pops up and I delete it and it comes up again and again. Thanks for your interest, James Randolph

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Sounds like you have a program that is trying to automatically connect and due an update.
Take a look at your virus scanner, malware scanner, itunes, adobe, etc.
This will take some investigation on your part.
Basicly look for any program that needs/wants to do an automatic update.

Let us know how you make out.

123runner

ronaldjamesr

ronaldjamesr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It's got to be my Norton anti virus. I cut off the automatic updates, and it hasn't come back since. Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! James Randolph

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Thanks for letting us know what the resolution was.

Do not forget to run and update Norton when you are on line.