Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply

Tenchi ASA

Tenchi ASA

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Windows doesn't load properly, if it does it freezes once it's logged in. I tried re-installing. it loads all the files that is necessary it, once its done loading the files it says windows is starting up ......
then it freezes. i tried install vista that was more successful but while it was at the part where it was copying the files it was at 86 percent it complted and it was going to restart but then it froze, now when i turn it on it loads up the vista but it freezes at loading part. hellpp please

Advertisements

tyler kick you fase

tyler kick you fase

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
are you able to get into safemode?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello welcome to GeeksToGo, We will be happy to help you.

I will need some more information
If it is a name brand system:
Make and Model
Operating System
Age of the computer
Memory Total
Hard Drive Size, How much free space

If it is custom then I will need the following:
The CPU brand and model
The Motherboard brand and model
Ram amount and speed
Cd\Dvd rom interface IDE/ SATA
Hard Drive size and free space
Any cards in PCI slots
Any software installed\updated and driver updates done just before problem started

All this will help in determining a course of action to best correct the problem you are experiencing.

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Is this a laptop or a desktop? Have you checked to see if the fans are working? If it's a laptop, have you blown the vents out with canned air (don't use a vacuum cleaner or an air compressor, it can cause damage)?

Have you tested your memory and/or your hard drive. You can download a free bootable hard drive diagnostic utility from the website of the manufacturer of your hard drive. You can use the memory diagnostic on the Vista disk to test the memory: http://www.bleepingc...utorial146.html

Tenchi ASA

Tenchi ASA

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
If it is custom then I will need the following:
The CPU brand and model
The Motherboard brand and model
Ram amount and speed
Cd\Dvd rom interface IDE/ SATA
Hard Drive size and free space
Any cards in PCI slots
Any software installed\updated and driver updates done just before problem started

All this will help in determining a course of action to best correct the problem you are experiencing.

the cpu is amd athon 64 3000+ 3 gig ram the mother board is ECS KN1 extreme im not to sure the memory speed it has a dvd insstalled, 300 gigs and 15 gigs is avaialbe, in the pci slot theres just a nvidia geforce 6600gt other than that nothing else. for the software .. im not to sure about that either its my brothers computer. i bought a new hdd and i tried installing a new operating system on it and while it was in the process it froze...

Tenchi ASA

Tenchi ASA

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Is this a laptop or a desktop? Have you checked to see if the fans are working? If it's a laptop, have you blown the vents out with canned air (don't use a vacuum cleaner or an air compressor, it can cause damage)?

Have you tested your memory and/or your hard drive. You can download a free bootable hard drive diagnostic utility from the website of the manufacturer of your hard drive. You can use the memory diagnostic on the Vista disk to test the memory: http://www.bleepingc...utorial146.html

This is a desktop pc

Tenchi ASA

Tenchi ASA

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

are you able to get into safemode?

i've been in safemode once, and when i was i went to msconfig
and i turned off all startup programs and when it went to restarted. it froze