Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help me please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

snip3r marc

snip3r marc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
my uncle wants to know are you sure team fortress 2 should work on my system?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Look at the minimum system requirements and compare that against your system specifications
That will show you. If your system does not meet the minimum then it will not without getting the issue you are having.
The next thing is you still may have a infection on your computer so if you do find out if the game will play on your system or not the infection may cause other issues. Please follow the steps I outlined in post # 12
Then we can look at other issues.
Without completing the malware removal I have suggested then we can not guarantee that even if your system will run the game you won't have problems

snip3r marc

snip3r marc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
it says it should but hewlett pacard sent my uncle a messege saying that the hard drive was going to die on us but we think they just want us to buy another hard drive

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK as far as the hard drive we have not talked about any issues with that. Unless you think there is a problem with the hard drive or HP has done some sort of online diagnostic or you have said anything to them about a hard drive issue, then that isn't an issue.
Second as I stated in last post, if you have not made 100% sure that your system is not infected then we may be trying to win a losing battle.
I have asked in previous posts if you are having this problem with any other software or is it just the game?
I have suggested in post 12 and in post 17 that you have a malware tech go thru your system with scans and post the needed logs they require
Please let me know how you wish to proceed

snip3r marc

snip3r marc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
i am really not sure to be honest what shall i do i mean people are just saying try this malware anti malware i do and it dosent fine much i have done all 12 steps nothing oh though team fortress 2 seems to be working a bit better i am thinking i should just give up

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You said
"i am really not sure to be honest what shall i do i mean people are just saying try this malware anti malware i do and it dosent fine much i have done all 12 steps nothing"
What 12 steps are you referring to?
I am not giving up on the issue I just want to be sure you do not have a active infection. Also for your peace of mind to make sure an infection is not the root of the problem.

This is the 3 options for running Team Fortress 2:
Team Fortress 2 Minimum System Requirements
CPU: 1.2 GHz Processor
RAM: 256 MB
Graphics Card: DirectX 7 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection
CD or DVD rom drive

Team Fortress 2 Recommended System Requirements
CPU: 2.4 GHz Processor
RAM: 512 MB
Graphics Card: DirectX 9 capable graphics card 256 MB
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection
CD or DVD rom drive

Team Fortress 2 Ideal System Requirements
For running the game smooth in 1280x1024 with High Quality graphics.

CPU: 3.4 GHz Processor
RAM: 1024 MB
Graphics Card: Radeon X800 or Geforce 6800
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection
CD or DVD rom drive

Your system is within the the minimum options stated
1.7 ghz processor
2 gigs of ram memory
You are running the required Operating system
I'm sure you have at least directx 7
You have a mouse and keyboard
You can connect to the internet
You have a dvd\cdrom drive
The only option I would question is making sure your resolution on your screen is set to at least 1024x768. This should ensure no issues with your hardware

The only issue I can see at this point that has not been approached is the infection.

snip3r marc

snip3r marc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
how do i run the minimum requements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
the only issue you have to change is the video settings
to do this
right click on the desktop anywhere there isn't a icon
go to properties> click on settings tab
look at the screen resolution
slide the bar to change it to the 1024x768
then click apply then ok
your screen will flash and it should ask if you want keep it
click yes

snip3r marc

snip3r marc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
i done that now it dosent do anything i always get memory errors i swear my hard drive is going to die like hp said im really confused i done all the malware downloads it found to hkey errors i fixed them then nothing happend

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did a malware tech help you?
If not you may still have a hidden infection. Malware techs are specially trained to do deeper scans and clean deeply rooted infection.
If you want to check your hd we can do that.
Go to Start>Run> type chkdsk /f
click ok

notice there is a space between k and /

Advertisements

snip3r marc

snip3r marc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
still hasnt done anything what shall i do
i have done all the downloads tech has asked me

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
please include link to your malware topic.
detail what you mean by it hasn't done anything?

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

i am really not sure to be honest what shall i do i mean people are just saying try this malware anti malware i do and it dosent fine much i have done all 12 steps nothing oh though team fortress 2 seems to be working a bit better i am thinking i should just give up

Snip3r marc

I understand you are frustrated with this problem, It appears you may have an active infection,

Kahdah in the malware forum is assisting you, He hasn't gotten back to you yet, But he will...

The process of cleaning a system from being infected can take a period of time, and sometimes it requires several approaches to fix it. Just because one program found 2 things wrong doesn't mean you are clean. Please continue in the malware forum until Kahdah declares you clean. Until then it will be difficult to assist you, as there are to many variables to work with. Once you have been declared clean we all will be happy to help you.

it says it should but hewlett pacard sent my uncle a messege saying that the hard drive was going to die on us but we think they just want us to buy another hard drive

Did you use a program from HP to diagnose your Harddrive?

Good luck

Cbarnard

snip3r marc

snip3r marc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
ok sorry how do i do that clean thing with the hard drive

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Continue with your malware clean first. If we proceed with anything it may not work due to the infection