Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cpu does not support x86 instructions

• Please log in to reply

sunny_bcrec

sunny_bcrec

• Pip
  • 2 posts
recently openSolaris supported x86 platform had launched and i'm trying 2 install in my pc. Previously my cpu support x86,MMX,SSE,SSE2 instructions.But now it supports MMX,SSE,SSE2 all other instructions except x86.i check this using cpuz s/w. i think openSolaris os does not install in my pc due to cpu does not execute x86 instruction.then i tried to install that on another pc and it installed normally.can anyone tell me the exact problem,plz?
my system configuration--
motherboard--intel chipset MSI
processor-intel p4
RAM-512MB
hard disk-160GB
currently installed os-windows XP

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
The bad news is all Pentium 4 processors are x86 processors PERIOD. It can't just LOSE that ability. All Intel and AMD processors for the most part are x86 based (excluding a few high end server and ultra mobile processors).