Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound, Stand By, Reboot and more

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Talon_DR

Talon_DR

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Major Help needed. I have online college classes and my computer is my main tool.

Recently a virus hit my computer which is an HP Pavillion dv5000. Centrino Duo Processor. I have Windows XP.

Originally the computer just slowed down for a bit. Then it affected the Internet making it slow or not work at all. I downloaded a few different Anti- Virus systems. The Internet Works much better but new problems developed.

-There is absolutely no audio at all (I tried going into the audio system but they aren't available). I thought I saw an audio file missing when I went into the cache or whatever its called

-Originally my Automatic Updates wouldn't work. I couldn't get into it but through a different but I was able to access it. Now my computer either takes forever or doesn't reboot at all.

-There is no Stand By option in the startup menu.

-I keep getting RUNDLL when I start my computer

-Finally everything appears wider on the screen like the resolution is down but the Icons and Screens are bigger. Resolution is all the way up but they still appear large.

Any help would be excellent. I am desperate. I need your help!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Since it is not apparent that the virus problem has been completely taken care of Please go to the "Malware Forum" link in my signature below and follow the instructions at the top
Especially the "You Must Read This Before Posting A HijackThis Log".

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself.
If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty start a topic and post the requested logs in THAT forum.
Once the malware technicians have cleared out any infection and given you a clean bill of health, if the problem continues then feel free to post back here and we can investigate the problem even more.

smith134

smith134

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
After that you can download and install your driver.
You can download your driver here:
http://h10025.www1.h...;product=499849