Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wuauclt.exe + msiexec.exe errors when installing

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
sounds like the hard drive is dying /dead

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No i'm sorry I didn't realize it was a dead link. Alittle research has found this
"Toshiba Hard Drives: Use Hitachi or Maxtor Utilities"

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Seagate bought out Maxtor and their seatools here will work..maybe..
better is to build the UBCD OR BARTPE...they have the tools and the cd's is a bootable live windows CD/DVD
the absolute best is the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows...its more trouble to build but well worth the effort...its also a live cd and has all the different hard drive tools plus memtest and a registry editor and raft of other tools and has malware removal tools built in and it much easier to get rid of the malware when windows is asleep...and so is the malware...you just go in and cut their little throats while they are defenseless...uuh..err...
you anesthetize them and haul them to the bit /byte dump

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
I have never been able to find a Toshiba hard drive diagnostic, but have found some of the Fujitsu, Samsung, and Hitachi tests labled as Toshiba hard drive diagnostics. We use the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) at work - it's easy to use and accurate.

FWIW - the tacktech link is very outdated, that's why I pointed you to the link at my blog which I updated just a couple of days ago. Paragraph 2 has the links to the most common hard drive tests.

Edited by usasma, 13 April 2009 - 04:45 PM.

LANCE_1313

LANCE_1313

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I think the patient has died...

This morning even when going into safe mode I got a blue screen. A couple hours later (now), I can log into safemode but as soon as it loads it says "windows explorer has encountered an error and needs to close". I am unable to access anything including start menu, my computer, or any thing else. There are no desktop icons, and if I Ctrl-Alt-Del I'm told that "taskmanager has encountered an error and needs to close"

I thinking the above post suggestiong my hardrive is toast was correct...

Is it time to fly the white flag?

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Run the hard drive diagnostic utility to prove that it's dead. If it fails that test, then it's time to purchase a new hard drive.

LANCE_1313

LANCE_1313

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
will do. I've got to find a CD as opposed to a DVD and somone to burn it for me. Then I'll test er out. So the next reply will take a little longer

Thanks again

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
This is no race :) , Take your time , we will be waiting patiently...

Anthony19

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
You can use a DVD instead of a CD - it's just that DVD's are more expensive than CD's (as long as your system can boot from DVD's)

LANCE_1313

LANCE_1313

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
ok great, well i think thats one issue down. Just need another comp to burn it for me.

Advertisements