Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems with vista's backup/restore

• Please log in to reply

flip175

flip175

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello.

I recently reformatted my hard drive and backed up all my files to my external hard drive with the Windows Vista backup wizard.

I've tried numerous times to restore the files to the newly re-installed Vista, but the restore wizard keeps coming up with problems, specifically:

"Restore did not finish successfully. The parameter is incorrect.
(0x80070057)"

does anyone have any suggestions to solve my backup/restore wizard problems?

I would just take the files off the hard drive myself, but theres 800+ zip files of documents, videos, and images

thanks in advance

Edited by flip175, 10 April 2009 - 08:28 PM.

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Hello there!

I will help you! If I had read correctly, you are having problems with backup and have been given error code:

This error is caused by a bug in File Backup where if you don't back up at least one file during the full backup, every backup after that fails. The workaround is to go through the Backup wizard again and choose a new full file backup at the very end.

-REFERENCE- <<< This link will be your friend for now.

If you cannot seem to access the Backup wizard, try the following tutorial.

Has anything I displayed here helped? Please let me aware of any more information, or any questions, and I will continue to provide for you support!