Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Don't Think This is a Malware Problem

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can get some useful information there but do not install anything as it will be deleted and all traces of it will be gone when you format the drive and reinstall. Let me know when you are ready. I have been searching for your mb drivers and boy they are a little hard to come across. :) I will continue my search tho

Advertisements

Robert Tracy

Robert Tracy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
I won't install a thing. It seems to me that it's a matter of un-installing whatever my tech friend did and figure out how to do it right. That is to say, go back to a wired network and start the D-Link wireless installation from scratch.

Your effort on behalf of my problem is much appreciated.

Just seems like nothing is going anywhere. And my technical ignorance is a hindrance. Seems like I've taken on too much.

Tell you what. I'll wait; see if you can find what you need for me and from me. I've looked at the 6 pages at "Networking" and don't find hardly a clue. Things are not that bad and the Macintosh is going to be another issue when I get the Airport card.

So. I'll stand by....

Good luck on your search.

Robert