1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the
subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus: A person who is both stupid and an [bleep].
3. Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until
you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5 Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops
bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows
little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself.
7. Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
8. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the
person who doesn't get it.
9. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running
10. Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra
11. Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off all these
really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's,
like, a serious bummer.
12. Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day
consuming only things that are good for you.
13. Glibido: All talk and no action.
14. Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter
when they come at you rapidly.
15. Arachnoleptic Fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after
you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
16. Beelzebug (n.): a mosquito, that gets into
your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
17. Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm
in the fruit you're eating.
The Washington Post has also published the winning submissions to
it's yearly contest in which readers are asked to supply alternate
meanings for common words. And the winners are:
1. Coffee, n.: The person upon whom one coughs.
2. Flabbergasted, adj.: Appalled by discovering how much weight one
3. Abdicate, v.: To give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
4. Esplanade, v.: To attempt an explanation while drunk.
5. Willy-nilly, adj.: Impotent.
6. Negligent, adj.: Absentmindedly answering the door when wearing
only a nightgown.
7. Lymph, v.: To walk with a lisp.
8. Gargoyle, n.: Olive-flavored mouthwash.
9. Flatulence, n.: Emergency vehicle that picks up someone who has
been run over by a steamroller.
10. Balderdash, n.: A rapidly receding hairline.
11. Testicle n.: A humorous question on an exam.
12. Rectitude, n.: The formal, dignified bearing adopted by
13. Pokemon, n.: A proctologist.
14. Oyster, n.: A person who sprinkles his conversation with
15. Frisbeetarianism, n.: The belief that, after death, the soul
flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there.
16. Circumvent, n.: An opening in the front of boxer shorts.
Edited by BHowett, 12 April 2009 - 04:51 PM.
remove reference to nationality