Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GTA San Andreas - Mouse problem

• Please log in to reply

Moshiko

Moshiko

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I have a problem with GTA San Andreas - The mouse doesn't responding in the game, but it's working perfectly in the game's menu.
That problem happens in GTA vice city too.

Some details:
I use windows XP Pro, I've installed san andreas at C:\GTASA
And I got a good computer, it can handle san andreas perfectly.

Thanks for helpers.

Advertisements

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Hello Moshiko

Welcome to G2G! My name is Oreo Collas and I'll be helping today. Please be sure that you print or copy all of the instructions to a document on your desktop as many of the directions may require you to log into Safe Mode or unhook your internet connection.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make sure to read through all the directions and make sure that you understand them completly before doing any thing. If there is something that you do not unsderstand then let me know and I will elaborate. Skipping steps, working out of order, or working ahead of the directions may cause undesireable results.

I have done some research on your issue and I have seen many people who are having the same problem. Some fixes that I have found include switching to a PS/2 mouse. If you are useing a USB mouse then try to use a PS/2 mouse or a USB/PS/2 converter.

If that does not work, many have said that entering the menu and exiting back to the game several times fixes this issue. I've also seen one user have this issue after creating a secont Windows account. If these do not work then I will need some more information.

If this is a name brand system:
Make
Model
Operating System
Age of the computer
Memory Total
Hard Drive Size, How much free space

If this is custom then We will need the following:
The CPU brand and model
The Motherboard brand and model
Ram amount and speed
Cd\Dvd rom interface IDE/ SATA
Hard Drive size and free space
Any cards in PCI slots
Any software installed\updated and driver updates done just before problem started

All this will help in determining a course of action to best correct the problem you are experiencing.

I will also need to know how many user accounts are created on your computer.

Edited by Oreo Collas, 12 April 2009 - 11:58 AM.