Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Port Forwarding?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DJBoggy

DJBoggy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So basically, I'm trying to download files with Bit Torrent (which I may add is legal in my country), but then I find out that I need to 'port forward', but every guide I try to use never seems to work with my router, and I can't seem to find any instructions on how to do it with my router. Basically, a guide will tell me to type my IP into my address bar, and that's about as far as I get. No matter what guide tell my what setting I have to change, there never seems to be any way to change them. I can't even seem to find anything the guide is talking about. If anyone could help me, that would be great. Also, I know you probably need more info, but since I'm a computer noob, I didn't really know what info to post. My router is TP-Link TD-8816 if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Edited by DJBoggy, 13 April 2009 - 12:44 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
P2P programs may be legal in most areas but that isn't really the point. They can be used for copyright infringement, piracy and virii distribution. Therefore no help can be provided with regards to P2P programs, suffice to say if it's music you want, iTunes, Napster or Amazon MP3 is the way to go.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Topic closed.