Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whine out of laptop screen

• Please log in to reply

nisho

nisho

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

For a long time I thought this annoying high frequency whine was coming from my fan/harddrive or processor, however had just found out it is my screen!

If I have my screen brightness turned up all of the way I dont have this problem, however, the screen is very bright.

I have tried to turn the brightness up all of the way, then change the nvidia control panel settings so lower the brightness, however this does not look normal and strains my eyes.

This thread I found on another site explains it

http://www.silentpcr...pic.php?t=48693

I am desperately looking for a solution. Does anyone have anything I could try please?

I would consider leaving the screen on the max brightness, then finding the correct settings to adjust in the nvidia control panel so that the picture is balanced and doesnt strain my eyes if someone could point me in the direction of where to get these settings? (However would prefer to get a proper fix as I use this laptop on the move frequently and battery life is an important factor).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
As stated in the thread you've linked to, the issue's caused by the bits behind the screen.
Depending on the age of the laptop it may be a sign that the thing's going to pack up altogether at some point in the future and it may not be worth having it fixed.
If you know what you're doing and know what to look for it may be worth performing "surgery" on the affected bits to replace them.