Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Personal Antivirus and Trojan.Win32.Agent.azsy messages

• Please log in to reply

Nicole8023

Nicole8023

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am trying to help my sister remove the spyware "Personal Antivirus" from her computer. She has Windows XP. I was going to go online from her computer and try to download something to fix the problem. The only problem is that I can not get online from her computer. The pages keep coming up blocked and it says that "Personal Antivirus" has detected thousands of Trojan viruses and such. Is there any way to get rid of this spyware or whatever it is without using the internet? Help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Advertisements

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
Hi Nicole8023,

Welcome to Geeks to Go :)

Please follow all of the steps in this section of the Malware Forum. These self-help tools will help
you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then
please post a OTListIt2 Log in the Malware Forum. Should you post in that forum please do not respond to your own topic. Our Malware Staff look for topics to help out in that have no responses. The Malware Forum is very busy with many more requests for help than we have volunteer helpers, so please be patient. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and
read the pinned topic for instructions.

Nicole8023

Nicole8023

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the suggestions but I am unable to do any of them because they require me to go online and download things. I can not gain internet access from her computer. The pages come up blocked and I can not go online.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download the tools on the computer you are using. Burn them to a cd and then use it on her system. The techs there can help you do it from there.

Nicole8023

Nicole8023

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
What do I do if I do not have a CD burner? Is this situation hopeless??

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Without being able to get her system online and\\or a way to burn the tools needed there would be no way to do it. If you can use a system that has a burner that would work. The techs in this forum cannot and\or will not give support for malware removal. The techs in the malware forum are trained for just those issues.