Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NTOSKRNL-HOOK is destroying my computer [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

REfan001

REfan001

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I dont know what the [bleep] this thing is doing to my computer but it sure as [bleep] doesnt want to me to remove it.
Problems:

1. NTOSKRNL-HOOK trojan is detected by McAffee virus scan. It says it removed it, but on a second scan it is detected again.
I ran another scan in safe mode, still didnt remove. an error also pops up while trying to run virus scan. Its strange because the program will still run.

2. Malwarebytes will not run unless I rename it. even then, it does not detect it

3. SUPERantispyware does not run at all. I always get an error when trying to run it.

4. Firefox redirects me to random sites when using search engines like Google.

5. I will also encounter random freezes when I am away from the computer for a period of time and I have to restart.

My computer will otherwise run normally except for these things. someone plz help! I want my compupter to work right again!

Advertisements

REfan001

REfan001

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
plz help somebody

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Please make sure you disable ALL of your Antivirus/Antispyware/Firewall before running ComboFix.. Please visit HERE if you don't know how.. Please re-enable them back after performing all steps given..

Please download ComboFix by sUBs from HERE or HERE or HERE and save it to your Desktop.

During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix as follows:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.

**NOTE: If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:
  • Tools->Options->Main tab
  • Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".

After that, double-click and run Combo-Fix. Let it finish its job and post the log here

If ComboFix asked you to install Recovery Console, please do so.. It will be your best interest..

Note: DON'T do anything with your computer while ComboFix is running.. Let ComboFix finishes its job..

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.