Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE error pop up

• Please log in to reply

kerry011480

kerry011480

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion zx5000 and everytime I am on the internet I get a pop up, error box, where I can either send an error report or not, either way it closes the browser that I have open. I clicked on the "click here" to find out error information and this is what it gives me:

C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8146.dir00\iexplore.exe.mdmp

and

C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8146.dir00\appcompat.txt

We have done every security scan you can think, McAffee, Malwarebytes', Windows Live One Care Scan, etc.

How can I stop this?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Your issue has to do with Internet Explorer crashing.

Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloadedand run it
Put a tick in accept thenclick on next
Put a tick in the don't create a start menu folder then click next
Put a tick in create a desktop icon then click on install and make sure there is a tick in launch whocrashed before clicking finish
Click Analyze ...
It will want to download the debugger and install it...say yes...
WhoCrashed will create report...you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply...

kerry011480

kerry011480

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Here is what it said:

Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 3/8/2007 2:46:55 AM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x9C (0x0, 0x8053F0F0, 0xA2000000, 0x84010400)
Error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Likely the culprit is another driver on your system which cannot be identified.

On Mon 2/12/2007 11:46:17 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: usbccgp.sys
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xF88C7C10, 0x2, 0x0, 0xF88C7C10)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbccgp.sys
description: USB Common Class Generic Parent Driver
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Likely the culprit is another driver on your system which cannot be identified.

On Wed 5/11/2005 11:50:24 PM your computer crashed

On Sat 8/14/2004 9:10:16 PM your computer crashed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

4 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is really responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
When did this issue start?
Was there any new software installed, updated, downloaded?
Any new hardware

I don't see anything recent from the report to indicate a problem.
try
Go to
Start>Run>Type in eventvwr.msc Press Enter
On left side click on Applications On right side look for any RED X about the time of a incident
On left side click on Hardware. Onright side look for any Red X about the same time of a incident
Also look for any yellow exclamation mark at the same time in either of the above

Include any in next reply

kerry011480

kerry011480

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The "pop ups" just started in the last week. We bought this laptop from a friend in December and haven't had any problems since then.

When I ran the "event" prompt you referred to, on the left side my options were:

Application
Security
System
Internet Explorer

I went to Application first, as instructed, and there were 12 red X's with error without even scrolling down to look for more. The latest was at 6:11pm, source is application error , category 100, event 1000, computer, YOUR FULK10H2Q. All of the other errors say the same thing.

Since I did not have a hardware option I looked at system and there was one yellow warning at 2:29 today. Source says Dhcp, no category, event 1007 and computer is the same as listed above.

The only things installed recently were MCAFEE, and our printer (USB port). We are always getting updates through windows so I don't when the last update was done.

Thanks for your help so far!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
UH OH.... guess what... I think you have a infection.

It appears you may have a malware problem.
Please go to the "Malware Forum" link in my signature below and follow the instructions at the top
Especially the "You Must Read This Before Posting A HijackThis Log".

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself.
If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty start a topic and post the requested logs in THAT forum.
Once the malware technicians have cleared out any infection and given you a clean bill of health, and if the problem continues then feel free to post back here and we can investigate the problem even more.

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here