Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Suddenly started freezing. ABSOLUTELY STUMPED

• Please log in to reply

hirow

hirow

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
About two days ago, I was playing a game called warhammer online and the the game suddenly froze. This happened time to time so while I was annoyed, I didn't think it was too big of a problem. There were white lines going vertically and I couldn't tab out or close it, so I restarted the computer.

When I logged back into windows, about 10 seconds later my PC froze. Annoyed, I rebooted again. The same thing happened over and over and over again.

I logged into my brother's account, which also froze. I logged into safe mode, and it didn't have that problem. From safe mode I've tried to disable everything in the Startup, system restore, delete anything I installed that day (which was just AVG antivirus). Occassionally the PC will let me log in and use it as normal. Just now I logged in and it didn't freeze, so I clicked on firefox which didn't respond. I then clicked on my taskbar and it froze, while beeping loudly. I've also run my anti spyware program and it didn't seem to help.

I've never experienced anything like this. Could someone please give advice?

I am running windows XP.

I posted this in the wrong board before, here: http://www.geekstogo...81#entry1514181

My specs:

EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor 2.8GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

Advertisements